What We Do
Bay Island Multi Sport and recreation Association Inc. is an umbrella non profit organisation working to facilitate the delivery of a broader range of sport, recreation and community activities. It aims to assist SMBI community with public liability Insurance, support and recreation groups hence stimulating health and well-being in our Island Community.
ESTABLISH SUPPORT GROWTH
Our Mission Statement
Bay Islands Multi Sport and Recreation Association INC. is a locally established organisation servicing the Southern Moreton Bay Island community whoase goal is to provide support and leadership through a variety of services and programs.
Our Vision Statement
Bay Islands Multi Sport and Recreation Association INC. will be recognised as the primary association providing leadership, co-ordination and facilitation of sport and recreation activities, events and programs for the benefit of the entire SMBI community.
Our Success Stories The junior Bay islands United Football club has grown from 17 members to 80 under the guidance of Mick Marriot combined with the umbrella auspices of BIMSARA reducing the cost of insurance to $5 per member. Very affordable for our Island community
Our Success stories For the remainder of 2019 we will be supported by the Russell island RSL, the Island Community Champions and others in a Christmas Hamper program supporting Bay Island community
Our services offered to sports clubs and associations on the Islands include:
- Insurance cover- Public Liability
- Promotions for clubs
- SMBI calendar of sporting and fundraising events
- Assistance with training on all aspects of running your clubs, including financial recording, petty cash record, receipting, and banking reconciliation.
- Assisting with a members register template and with risk management
- Opportunities for first aid training, CPR training, and mental heal first aid training
- Compilation of databases of SMBI Sport, Recreation and Community Groups current club bases and group office bearers
- Advice and support on meeting the requirements to be grant ready
- Grant applications (including Au-spicing)
- Physical resources (e.g. equipment, venues)